COMFORTABLE BEGINNERS: The Seahorse level is designed for the beginner student who is comfortable in the water and will submerge their head underwater willingly and happily. Students will learn the basics of breath control, body posture, kicking, floating and a variety of safety skills. Lessons are 30 minutes in length and the student to teacher ratio of the class is 4:1.
This is the correct choice for your child if:
- If they can and will happily submerge their head for 3-5 seconds
- If they need to learn how to float on their stomach independently
- If they need to learn how to float on their back independently
- If they need to learn proper, straight-leg kick propulsion
- If they need to learn how to swim short distances with their face submerged, holding their breath
Graduates of this level move on to the SILVER/GOLDFISH Level.
IMPORTANT: When viewing the schedule, you will be taken to our Parent Portal. Be sure to click the “More Details” button under a classes in the parent portal to access the request forms for the class, or simply return to this page to access the same forms above.